Week 11Sunday, October 27 2019
WEEK 11 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 10 Recap:: We had an amazing week! Our JV & FS athletes ended their season on a very high note Tuesday. The girls team finished 3rd overall as 5 of the 7 girls ran lifetime bests. Danika Dortch, Elise Coleman, Julia Veres, and Thea Lungay formed a tight pack to lead the team. Gavin Murrie earned a top 10 finish in the FS Boys and just missed a PR. Quin Maloney led the varsity boys with a big PR. Overall it was a great way to cap the season for this group of awesome athletes. Our time trial on Thursday provided one more opportunity to showcase our fitness. We had numerous personal bests yet again! The momentum that the JV & FS gathered during the week continued on Saturday. With full support from our family and friends, both Boys and Girls teams captured Regional titles on our home course! This is the first time in school history that both teams have won the Regional in the same year. Brooke Stromsland led the girls as she cruised to the Regional title (her 2nd in a row) and set a new course record! Alex Bryant, Maddie Perez, and Becca Runyan worked together all race and finished in the top 12! Krista Gfesser, Kayla Dieringer, and Gretchen Good all came through with lifetime personal bests. The girls won handily. The Boys team had a goal of winning conference, but fell short the week previously. They were motivated to display their ability against quality opponents in Woodstock and Grayslake Central. RJ Migas put himself squarely into the top 10, working his way to an All Regional finish in 5th! Jack Engel moved into the top 10 after another great performance. Nathan Rolla and Talon Knauf worked together to finish in the top 15. Ben Schneiderheinze just missed a PR, but claimed a top 20 finish! Sean Humpa and Tim Smith were crucial to the 15 point win as they passed scoring members from every team at the end. Overall both teams put together amazing performances. A state berth is on the line at Belvidere next Saturday and we cannot wait for the opportunity!
Week 11 Preview: It's Sectional week! We will be fine tuning things to be in great shape for this meet. On Tuesday we will drive to Belvidere to preview the course. Not much else to do this week except take care of the little things. The teams are excited to compete at the Belvidere Sectional on Saturday. Hope to see you there!
Shout Out: Kayla Dieringer had an amazing performance Saturday. She found out she was racing 35 minutes before the gun. She was mentally and physically prepared to have a great day. She responded by being our 6th runner in a lifetime best by 64 seconds!
Thank you to everyone who came out to support the team at Regionals. The atmosphere was electric and both teams ran amazing with all of that support.
Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Dwyer for their behind the scenes work on setting up the banquet.
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- JV & FS athletes should have turned in their uniform. Monday will be the next opportunity to turn in uniforms. Please be there at the beginning of practice to turn in your gear. Fees will be sent out Tuesday for athletes who do not turn in gear.
- Information for the End of the Season Awards Banquet was sent home with athletes. There is also a picture of the flyer below. Please RSVP for dinner by November 4th. Dinner is from 6 to 6:45pm this year and is optional. We will begin the awards promptly at 6:45pm.
- Please make payments to Tracy Dwyer. Payments can be given to her or dropped off with a coach to be sent to Mrs. Dwyer. Thanks!
- Saturday (11/2) IHSA Sectional at Belvidere
- Please come out to support the team!
- Girls Varsity at 10am and Boys Varsity at 11am
Workouts: Click here to view workouts for the week. Varsity and JV/ FS will be dismissed at separate times.
- Monday - 3:05 to 4:45pm
- JV Uniform turn in at 3pm
- Tuesday - Sectional Course Preview at Belvidere HS
- Bus at 3:05pm
- Workout on course at 4:30pm
- Dinner at 5:45pm
- Return to Lakes by 8pm
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 4:35pm
- Thursday - 3:05 to 4:35pm
- Friday - 3:05 to 4:29pm
- Saturday - IHSA Sectional at Belvidere HS
- Girls Bus at 7:30am
- Boys Bus at 8:16am
- Varsity Girls Race at 10am
- Varsity Boys Race at 11am
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)