Week 12Sunday, November 3 2019
WEEK 12 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 11 Recap: Saturday both Boys and Girls teams competed in the always challenging Belvidere Sectional. The Girls team was focused and determined to have a great day and that they did! For the first time in school history the Girls are Sectional Champions! All 5 scoring runners finished in the top 30 as the team scored a paltry 78 points at the best Sectional in IL! Brooke Stromsland claimed her 2nd straight Sectional title with Olivia Schmitt also earning All Sectional honors in 8th! The pack of Maddie Perez, Becca Runyan, and Alex Bryant ran outstanding as the girls outpaced second place by 12 points. Krista Gfesser and Kayla Dieringer also had big days as they both finished in the top 100. Both teams competed with a lot of pride and displayed amazing teamwork. Unfortunately the Boys team came up short in their bid for qualifying for state for the 2nd straight year. It wasn't for lack of effort as each man competed with the same tenacity and determination as they have all year. We are so proud of this group and the way they competed, unfortunately it was not our day.
Week 12 Preview: It's STATE WEEK! We are incredibly proud of our ladies competing at Detweiller the is weekend. The girls race at 11am on Saturday and we hope to see you there!
Shout Out: We want to thank our Seniors (RJ Migas, Talon Knauf, Sean Humpa, and Tim Smith) for 4 years of incredible service to the team. They are leaving our group in a much better place then when they found it. We are indebted to them for the tremendous culture that they have helped us cultivate.
Thank you to everyone who came out to support the team at Sectionals.
Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Dwyer for their behind the scenes work on setting up the banquet.
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- JV & FS athletes should have turned in their uniform.
- XC Banquet Reminder is on Monday, November 18th.
- Please RSVP for dinner by November 4th. Dinner is from 6 to 6:45pm this year and is optional. We will begin the awards promptly at 6:45pm.
- Please make payments to Tracy Dwyer. Payments can be given to her or dropped off with a coach to be sent to Mrs. Dwyer. Thanks!
- Saturday (11/9) IHSA State Final at Detweiller Park
- Please come out to support the team!
- Girls Varsity at 11am
Workouts: Click here to view workouts for the week.
- Monday - 3:05 to 4:30pm
- Tuesday - 3:05 to 4:30pm
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 4:30pm
- Thursday - 3:05 to 4:30pm
- Friday - 8:15 to 9am
- Pre-meet Bike in Cardio Room
- Change for State Walk at 9:20
- Saturday - IHSA State Final at Detweiller Park
- 2A Girls at 11am (not yet official)
- 2A Awards at 1pm (not yet official)
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)