Week 9Sunday, October 13 2019
WEEK 9 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 8 Recap: We tuned up for the NLCC Championships this week with races at Lakes and Wheeling. Our athletes took advantage of the short courses and showed off their fitness levels. Despite muddy and/ or cold conditions, we competed at a high level. On Monday, Jack Engel and Micah Lind led the way for the Boys while Elise Coleman and Thea Lungay were in first for the Girls. On Saturday, Thea Lungay continued her impressive season by leading the FS Girls with a 20th place finish. Julia Veres also earned a medal with a strong finish in 29th. Kayla Dieringer earned a medal with a 23rd place finish in the JV Girls. Quin Maloney led the FS Boys while Ty Dwyer set the pace for the JV Boys. We are excited to show off our fitness this Saturday at the Conference meet.
Week 9 Preview: We are pumped to race this Saturday at the NLCC Championships hosted by Wauconda. We have been preparing to be at our best for this race and we are excited to toe the line. We will host a Parent Breakfast and recognize our Seniors before the racing begins. Please see the information below about these events as well as the spectator parking information. It's all about pride this week, GO EAGLES!
Thank you to the Knauf family for stepping hosting our Pasta Party last Friday.
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- The last official practice day for non-varsity athletes will be Thursday, October 24th. After that, athletes on the IHSA roster (typically the top 14) will continue their season while everyone else will begin their offseason. Everyone is welcome to continue training with the varsity athletes.
- Please make sure to turn in your jersey on time (Thursday, 10/24)! Fees will be sent out immediately for athletes who do not turn in gear.
- Please consider coming to the meet early on Saturday. We will have a Parent Breakfast and recognize our Seniors before the meet begins. We would love to celebrate as a Cross Country Family.
- Friendly remember to wash uniforms in cold water and hang dry. We appreciate your help in keeping our uniforms in good shape for years to come.
- We are encouraging athletes to get more sleep, continue to hydrate, and make good nutrition choices. Please help us be reiterating this message.
- Friday (10/18) Pasta Party hosted by the Runyan Family.
5:30 to 8pm
- Saturday (10/19) Parent Breakfast at Matthews Middle School
- 8:31am to 12pm
- Saturday (10/19) Senior Recognition at Matthews Middle School
- We have 2 Girls and 6 Boys to recognize
Workouts: Click here for the weekly workouts.
- Monday - 8:04 to 9:39pm
- Athletes should meet by weight room.
- Tuesday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 4:44pm
- Thursday - 3:05 to 4:44pm
- Friday - 3:05 to 4:29pm
- Saturday - NLCC Championship at Matthews Middle School in Island Lake
- Bus at 8:23am
- Parent Breakfast 8:31am to 12pm
- Senior Recognition 9:12am
- Varsity Girls - 10am
- Varsity Boys - 10:30am
- JV Girls - 11am
- JV Boys - 11:30am
- Co-Ed Open - 12pm
Spectator Parking: Spectators will NOT be allowed to park at Matthews Middle School. Spectators can park at one of three (3) off-site locations: 1) Robert Crown Elementary School 2) Cotton Creek Elementary School 3) Kemper Valve and Fittings Corporation. Buses will begin picking up spectators starting at 8:30 a.m. and bring them to Matthews. Buses will run back and forth at 10 minute intervals.
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)