Week 8Sunday, October 6 2019
WEEK 8 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 7 Recap: Saying we had quite a week is an understatement. We began with a quality tune up at North Chicago. Athletes ran well, led by Gavin Murrie finishing in 2nd. A great week of practice set us up for tremendous weekend. We split squads with the varsity heading to Peoria and the JV & FS taking on the Antioch Invite. At Peoria, all 12 athletes had season bests and 10 of them were PRs! Brooke Stromsland demolished the field en route to winning with her second fastest time ever! Becca Runyan ran a PR by 28 seconds and moved to #12 All time in Lakes history. Alex Bryant was right behind with a PR of her own which is #14 All time. Maddie Perez smashed her PR and moved to #15 All time! Krista Gfesser and Sarah Lucier also had 30+ second PRs to round out the Varsity team. Overall, the ladies placed 8th out of 36 teams and just 31 points from 4th. The Boys also had a great day in a stacked field. RJ Migas finished 16th and moved to #7 All time in Lakes history. Nathan Rolla had a big day as he took 36 seconds off of his PR to move to #16 All time. Talon Knauf (SB), Sean Humpa (PR), Ben Schneiderheinze (PR), and Tim Smith (PR) combined to finish 16th out of 43 teams. Not to be out done, our athletes racing at Lakes put on quite a show. With times adjusted for 3 miles (course was 2.92), we had many athletes who were on pace for personal records. Aidan Gillespie (14) and Ty Dwyer (19) led the way in the JV race. Gavin Murrie (11) and Micah Lind (12) both put together medal winning performances. Gretchen Good (18), Thea Lungay (25), and Kayla Dieringer (29) had great days in the JV race. Overall 14/21 Boys & 3/6 Girls were on pace for Season or Personal Bests! Amazing performances coming at the right time of the year.
Week 8 Preview: This week we have our last NLCC dual meet of the year. We will host the meet at Lakes and run the same course as we did for the Antioch Invite. This Saturday we will run in our last invitational of the year at Wheeling. Please be aware that there is NO SCHOOL on Friday (10/11) or Monday (10/14). We still have practice both days and expect athletes to attend. Please communicate with the coaching staff if attendance will be an issue.
Thank you to the Gahagan family for stepping in on short notice to host our Pasta Party last Friday.
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- With all of the mud this weekend, please remember to wash uniforms in cold water and hang dry. We appreciate your help in keeping our uniforms in good shape for years to come.
- Please encourage athletes to be doing the little things to perform at their best. We are encouraging athletes to get more sleep, continue to hydrate, and make good nutrition choices.
- Friday (10/11) Annual Video Game Party
- 12pm in the Upper ILC
- Bring whatever system or games you want to play.
- Friday (10/11) Race Bracelet Making
- 12pm in the Upper ILC
- Think about what design you want to make!
- Friday (10/11) Pasta Party hosted by the Knauf Family.
509 N Beck Road
Workouts: Click here for the weekly workouts.
- Monday - Meet at Lakes
- Athletes should meet in back loop by 3:45.
- Girls at 4:45
- Boys at 5:15
- Tuesday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Thursday - 3:05 to 4:30pm
- Friday - 1:57 to 3pm
- Please consider attending our team event beforehand.
- Saturday - Meet at Heritage Park in Wheeling
- Bus at 6:46am
- The first race is at 9am. The next race will begin ASAP after the conclusion of the previous one.
- FS Girls (2.375 mi)
- FS Boys (2.375 mi)
- Varsity Girls
- Varsity Boys
- Open Girls
- Open Boys
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)