Week 7Sunday, September 29 2019
WEEK 7 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 6 Recap: The girls received entry into the Palatine Meet of Champions and came away with a tremendous showing. The Lady Eagles took down several ranked teams, including 2A #5 Dunlap, #8 Fenwick, and #16 Prairie Ridge, on their way to a 12th place showing. Brooke Stromsland led the way with a 3rd place finished on the sloppy, muddy course. Becca Runyan had a personal best to claim 56th. Olivia Schmitt, Alex Bryant, and Maddie Perez rounded out the varsity scorers. Shout out to Thea Lungay for earning another personal best, this time sub 26! The Boys took on the Grant Invite Saturday which was also muddy. The rain subsided to cloudy skies and cool temps, perfect for racing. In an impressive showing, the short handed varsity took 5th with RJ Migas leading the way in 8th. Nathan Rolla also had a hardware earning finish in 30th place. The FS team worked together to finish 3rd overall! Gavin Murrie (11), Micah Lind (12), Ethan Carr (21), and Quin Maloney (22) all turned in top 25 finishes. Ethan Goode led our JV group with a 14th overall finish. Despite sloppy conditions at both Grant and Palatine, our athletes turned in top notch performances. We had multiple athletes earn personal bests and our splits showed very consistent racing. Our fitness is at a high level as we head into our last few invites before conference. We cannot wait to show what we've got over the next few weeks.
Week 7 Preview: This week we return to our NLCC dual meet schedule on Tuesday at North Chicago. We will be competing as a split squad on Saturday. The Varsity top 6-7 runners will head to Detweiller Park in Peoria while the rest of the team competes at Fox River Park in Wilmot, Wisconsin. Both meets will provide our athletes with awesome competition on great Cross Country courses. We are looking forward to the challenge!
Thank you to the Murphy family for setting us up with the trailer for the parade. We greatly appreciate your help securing a ride!
Thank you to the Gahagan family for stepping in on short notice to host our Pasta Party this Friday.
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- With all of the mud this weekend, please remember to wash uniforms in cold water and hang dry. We appreciate your helps in keeping our uniforms in good shape for years to come.
- Please encourage athletes to be doing the little things to perform at their best. We are encouraging athletes to get more sleep, continue to hydrate, and make good nutrition choices.
- Dick Pond gear has been delivered. Please contact Coach Shepherd if there is an issue with your order.
- Pasta Party hosted by the Gahagan Family.
1565 McClellan Dr,Lindenhurst Illinois 60046
Workouts: Click to here for the weekly workouts.
- Monday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Athletes racing on Tuesday will be dismissed at 4:37.
- Bring your goal tiles to smash if you broke them!
- Tuesday - Meet at North Chicago
- Bus at 3:05
- Girls at 4:45
- Boys at 5:15
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Thursday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Friday - 3:05 to 4:29pm
- Varsity athletes will leave for Peoria.
- Saturday - Meet at Fox River Park in Wilmot, WI
- Bus at 7:33am
- JV Girls at 9am
- FS Boys at 9:30am
- Varsity Girls at 10am
- Varsity Boys at 10:30am
- Open Girls at 11am
- Open Boys at 11:40am
- Saturday - Meet at Detweiller Park in Peoria
- Leave for course at 8:01am
- Varsity Girls at 9am
- Varsity Boys at 9:45am
- Team Camp will be set up Southeast of the Start line in the same place as First to the Finish.
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)