Week 8 AnnouncementsSunday, October 1 2017
The week 8 announcements are listed below. We have a short week with Parent/ Teacher conferences. Please check the schedule to see practice times. Also, Pasta Parties return this week hosted by the Empen Family. Lastly, we raised about $500 through Chipotle. Thank you to Mr. Dwyer for helping us set this up and to everyone who dined or got others to head over to Chipotle. We sincerely appreciate all of the funds we raise for the team and put 100% of the money back to the athletes.
Saturday at the Peoria Invite was a good day for the Eagles. In a field of 41 top notch teams, including 16 ranked 1A/ 2A, the Eagles finished 14th. Ethan Schommer and Owen Wenberg were a formidable duo at the front of the pack, both having personal best days. Schommer finished 44th overall and moved up to #7 all time in Lakes history. Wenberg's personal record moves him to #13 all time. Talon Knauf, Jack Erwin, RJ Migas, and Charlie Halberg formed a strong 13 second pack running near their season bests. The team continues to focus on running fast at the end of October. The step up in competition gave the Eagles an idea of where they stack up against the state's best and will provide motivation as they march toward a berth in the State Finals. Shout Out to Senior Kael Moran who completed his first race since October 2016. A top 50 runner in the state who boasts a personal best of 15:36, Moran will provide a major boost down the stretch, making The Eagles are a dangerous team come the post season. The girls varsity team earned 11th place in a field of 31 teams and 288 runners. The Eagles ran this course three weeks ago and Saturday many runners improved their times. Frosh medalist Brooke Stromsland was 11th place individual and dropped her time by 30 seconds. Her personal record time of 18:20 ranks her as the #5 FR in Class AA and #3 FR in Lakes history! The second scorer was Simone Lippmann, nearly equaling a seasonal personal record. The third scorer was Megan Knuettel who dropped her time by a minute. The fourth scorer was Morgan Gillespie, who dropped her time by 40 seconds in a personal record. The fifth scorer was Hannah Grant who dropped her time by 41 seconds and almost earned a personal record. Overall the Eagles put together a very solid day.
* We will have our Senior Recognition (senior night) at our Parent Breakfast before the NLCC Championships on 10/14 at LCHS.
* Friday there is no school. Boys will have a video game party and practice from 12 to 3pm. Girls will practice from 11:45 to 1pm.
* Click here for the Week 8 schedule.
Friday the pasta party is at the Empen Residence (821 Longwood Drive, Lake Villa). Runners may begin arriving at 4pm. Please leave by 8:01 p.m.
* We still need someone to bring salad and more fruit and more garlic bread. Anyone interested in bringing these items can register using sign up genius.
Runner of the Week
Tuesday We travel to Central Park in Grayslake to take on the Rams. Varsity on both sides will not race and will do a workout. Please check the split sheets for the lineup.
Girls race is at 4:45; Boys race is at 5:15
Bus is after school at 3pm and we hope to return to Lakes by 6:30pm.
Saturday We travel to Heritage Park in Wheeling.
6:45am - Bus
* Please check the schedule page for meet information.
* The first race is at 9 and we usually get back to Lakes by 2.
* A map is available on the schedule page with suggested parking spots for parents.
Planning athlete meals and hydration: Link for Pre Race Fueling Ideas PowerPoint
GEAR (for both boys and girls teams:
* To keep our uniforms in excellent condition, wash them in cold water and hang dry.
* Dick Pond Athletic orders have shipped to Lakes AND distributed to everyone. Please contact Dick Pond with any order questions/ issues.