Week 7 AnnouncementsSunday, September 24 2017
Info for week 7 is posted below. Hopefully everyone had a fun and exciting homecoming week. It was great to see our teamwork and pride on full display throughout the week. We had quality practices which gave way to many sizzling performances on Saturday. Despite the heat, the majority of our runners ran their best races of the season. Coach West called Saturday a "toughness check" and it was awesome to see our athletes race with mental toughness and a sense of determination. Ethan Schommer and Owen Wenberg led a tight 33 second convocation of Eagles to the team title in the varsity boys race! The win was the first major invitational for the Boys team in 8 years! The F/S Girls also had an outstanding day as they took home a second place trophy! Tegan Baker(6th) & Ashley Whitis (7th) finished in the top 10 to lead the team. Danika Dorch, Brianna Lippmann were the 3rd and 4th scorers. Anna Polak scored her first team points in the fifth scoring position as she finished in 27th. In the Open, Jay Patel (2nd) and Michelle Menconi (5th) led the charge running with confidence and conviction. Hannah Grant (27th of 84 runners) had a seasonal breakout race in the Girls Varsity race. Lastly, Freshmen Jimmy Mroczka, Daniel Gfesser, and Adrian Kupiec all displayed exceptional toughness as they raced their way to lifetime personal bests!
* There is NO PASTA PARTY this week. The next Pasta Party will be on 10/6.
* We will have our Senior Recognition (senior night) at our Parent Breakfast before the NLCC Championships on 10/14 at LCHS.
* Chipotle Fundraiser on Tuesday (9/26). Please see the promo flyer below. Please spread the word!
* NO PRACTICE on Friday for JV athletes!
* click here for the Week 7 schedule.
* click here for the meet write ups for the girls team. These, along with the boys write ups, are also posted on the school website.
* Looking for results? Almost all of our invitational meet results are uploaded to athletic.net. Click here to view Cross Country results for Lakes.
Runner of the Week
Tuesday We host Grant and Wauconda for a triangular meet. Varsity on both sides will not race and will do a workout. Please check the split sheets for the lineup.
Girls race is at 4:45; Boys race is at 5:15
Team dismissal will likely be by 6:15.
CHIPOTLE NIGHT TEAM FUNDRAISER!!!
** Varsity Only **
- JV athletes will not be racing over the weekend. Please enjoy spending time with family and friends!
*To keep our uniforms in excellent condition, wash them in cold water and hang dry.
* Dick Pond Athletic orders have shipped and will be arriving to Lakes on Monday or Tuesday. Orders will be distributed by Coaches asap.