Week 9 AnnouncementsSunday, October 8 2017
WEEK 9 ANNOUNCEMENTS (race schedule changes for NLCC)
Saturday the Lakes Eagles competed at the Wheeling Invite. The girl’s sophomore team earned 4th place in a field of 13 teams and 161 runners. Frosh medalist Alex Bryant took charge early in the race and basically ran wire to wire in a seasonal breakout race and set a new course record! The second scorer was medalist Tegan Baker in 7th. The third scorer was medalist Ashley Whitis in 10th. The fourth scorer was Danika Dortch in 33rd. The fifth scorer was Breanna Lippmann in 37th. For the Boys, Tim Smith led the charge for a 12th place F/S team. Competing against deep 3A lineups is always a challenge, but the team was up to the task. Many runners were faster than their race last year. In addition, the majority of F/S runners were on pace for a season or lifetime best despite the 20mph winds and massive hill. This is exciting as we head into the final full week of the season for the entire team. We are in great shape and ready to run fast on Saturday. We we host the second annual NLCC Conference Championships at Lakes at Polley Field. In addition, we will also have a parent breakfast and senior recognition before the races begin. Information for both is listed below.
The following Tuesday we will travel to Prospect HS for a JV invite. This will be the last race of the season for JV. Uniform turn in will be that Thursday. JV athletes can keep their jackets until the end of the IHSA races in the event that they travel to these meets to cheer on their teams. Please check the week 10 announcements for all of the important details on the end of the season for the majority of our runners.
* We will have our Senior Recognition (senior night) at our Parent Breakfast before the NLCC Championships on 10/14 at LCHS.
- Friday the pasta party is at the Zwolinski Residence (695 Red Spruce Trail, Lake Villa). Runners may begin arriving at 5:15pm. Please leave by 8:01 p.m.
* We still need someone to bring salad, garlic bread, fruit, & more water. Anyone interested in bringing these items can register using sign up genius.
- Saturday the Parent Breakfast will be hosted at 7:15am. We will set up at our team tent near Polley Field. We are missing many items for the parent breakfast. Please register online using sign up genius.
- Senior recognition will begin at 7:30am. All seniors will be recognized with their parents. Senior parents should be at our tent by 7:24am.
Runner of the Week
Saturday: NLCC Championships hosted at Lakes Community HS.
- Please check the schedule/ results page for race times.
- Please check the course map as we are running a NEW course for the race.
Tuesday (10/17): JV Prospect Invite.
- Sign up for the Nike Cross Regional meet is now open. Any runner interested in participating in the post season race should sign up. This NOT an official Lakes XC race, just a fun opportunity for anyone to partake in after the season.
Planning athlete meals and hydration: Link for Pre Race Fueling Ideas PowerPoint
GEAR (for both boys and girls teams:
* To keep our uniforms in excellent condition, wash them in cold water and hang dry.
* Dick Pond Athletic orders have shipped to Lakes AND distributed to everyone. Please contact Dick Pond with any order questions/ issues.