Week 5Sunday, September 15 2019
WEEK 5 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 4 Recap: Last week was a bit crazy, but we survived. On Tuesday, we hosted our first NLCC dual of the year. It was very hot for the girls races, but we had some nice performances. Olivia Schmitt, Krista Gfesser, and Gretchen Good led the way. It cooled off a bit for the Boys race which led to some fast times. Gavin Murrie, Aidan Gillespie, and Micah Lind led the way. On Saturday, we traveled to the Mecca of Illinois distance running: Detweiller Park. The historic course did not fail as the Eagles left with 18 personal bests, 7 season bests, and several near misses. The performances by the Open Boys and Varsity Girls were even more impressive as the heat soared into the 80s. We capped off a phenomenal week with some songs and snacks on the trip home.
Week 5 Preview: We have two meets again this week. On Tuesday we travel to Hart's Hill in Round Lake for a dual meet. On Saturday we make the short trek to Gurnee to compete in the Warren Invite. Please join us for the parent breakfast beginning around 8am.
We also had a large number of personal bests this week. Congrats to: Nathan Rolla, Sean Humpa, Gavin Murrie, Micah Lind, Ethan Goode, Quin Maloney, Ethan Carr, Adrian Kupiec, Jacob Mueller, Jayson Seiflow, Daniel Gfesser, Cade Empen, Jackson Sayre, Ian Halterman, Collin Gahagan, Akash Patel, Becca Runyan, Krista Gfesser, Gretchen Good, Meghan Goossen, and Thea Lungay who all earned lifetime personal bests.
Thank you to the Goode family for hosting a Pasta Party!
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- The Homecoming Parade is on Sunday, September 22nd at 12pm. Info for the day is listed below. This is an optional, but encouraged experience if you are available.
- Program shirts have been handed out to all athletes. Please pay Coach West your $25 ASAP. Thanks!
- Program shirts are available for friends and family to purchase. We have short or long sleeves for $15 each. You can also purchase both a short and long sleeve for $25 total.
- We are still looking for specific items for our Pasta Parties. Please take a look to see if you can bring an item. We'd love to have a contribution from everyone. Thank you!
- Athletes should bring a parent release form if they are leaving with their parent after the races have concluded. We expect athletes to stay for the entirety of the meet to support their teammates.
- Pasta Party hosted by the Halterman family on Friday from 5:30-8pm.
- Goode Family Address: 1713 Elderberry Ln in Lake Villa
- Homecoming Decorating on Sunday, September 22nd from 9 to 11am
- We need help decorating our area on the 3rd floor. The more athletes that attend, the quicker that this gets done. Please come help. Food will be provided.
- Homecoming Parade on Sunday, September 22nd from 12 to 12:30pm.
- Please assemble at Palombi between 11-11:25.
- The route will end of the route is the Lake Villa Metra station.
- Please bring candy to TOSS along the parade route.
Workouts: Click to here for the weekly workouts.
- Monday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Bring your goal tiles to smash if you broke them!
- Athletes racing on Tuesday will be dismissed at 4:37pm
- Tuesday - meet at Hart's Hill in Round Lake.
- Bus at 3:05pm
- 4:45pm - Girls
- 5:15pm - Boys
- All athletes should plan to race unless they have spoken to a coach about a different plan.
- Course map and parking information will be updated as soon as we have received it.
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Athletes will be dismissed from practice by 4:15pm.
- Thursday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Friday - 3:05 to 4:29pm
- Saturday - Meet at Warren High School (O'Plaine Campus) in Gurnee
- Bus at 7:14am
- Parent Breakfast at 8am
- FS Girls at 9am
- FS Boys at 9:40am
- Varsity Girls at 10:20am
- Varsity Boys at 11am
- Open Girls at 11:40am
- Open Boys at 12:20pm
- Each race will start at the specified time, not earlier.
- Dogs are NOT allowed.
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)