Week 4Sunday, September 8 2019
WEEK 4 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 3 Recap: Wednesday the team competed in a challenging Lake County Invite. The Girls put together a stellar race and finished 2nd overall! Brooke Stromsland (2) and Olivia Schmitt (15) earned All County honors. Alex Bryant, Maddie Perez, and Becca Runyan all finished in the top 30! The Boys finished 10th and were led by Jack Engel. RJ Migas, Sean Humpa, Ben Schneiderheinze, and Tim Smith all scored for the Eagles. On Saturday, the Crystal Lake Invite provided a tough challenge for the team. An overall impressive showing saw our Eagles move up tenaciously in the last half of each race. The F/S Girls took 2nd place by only 5 points to a quality Cary Grove team. Becca Runyan (3), Maddie Perez (5), and Krista Gfesser (7) ran outstanding in the top 10. Gretchen Good (29), Elise Coleman (42), and Sarah Lucier (43) came up big to help the tearn a trophy. Other medalists on the day were Gavin Murrie, Micah Lind, and Kayla Dieringer. Overall it was a great week of racing. We return to the course on Tuesday!
Week 4 Preview: This will be a busy week for our team. We host a dual meet on Tuesday and a team fundraiser on Wednesday. Saturday we will make the long trek to the Mecca of Illinois High School Cross Country: Detweiller Park. This meet has been a favorite of our athletes for years and one they always look forward to. We can't wait for the opportunities that we will have this week!
Thank you to the Engel family for hosting the first Pasta Party!
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- Program shirts have been handed out to all athletes. Money should be given to Coach West. The cost is $25 for a long and short sleeve. We will accept cash or check (payable to LCHS Cross Country). Please contact us if there are any issues. Thanks!
- Program shirts are available for friends and family to purchase. We have short or long sleeves for $15 each. You can also purchase both a short and long sleeve for $25 total.
- We are still looking for specific items for our Pasta Parties. Please take a look to see if you can bring an item. We'd love to have a contribution from everyone. Thank you!
- Athletes should bring a parent release form if they are leaving with their parent after the races have concluded. We expect athletes to stay for the entirety of the meet to support their teammates.
- Pasta Party hosted by the Goode family on Friday from 5:30-8pm.
- Goode Family Address: 1585 McClellan Dr. in Lindenhurst
- Middle School Fundraiser on Wednesday from 4:30 to 6:12pm
- All athletes are expected to be in attendance as this is a fundraiser for the entire team. We cannot put this on without everyone helping out.
Workouts: Click to here for the weekly workouts.
- Monday - 3:05 to 5pm
- Bring your goal tiles to smash if you broke them!
- Athletes racing on Tuesday will be dismissed at 4:41pm
- Tuesday - Meet at LCHS
- Starting line is by the field hockey field next to Grass Lake
- There is no parking available at Polley Field. Also, you cannot park on Grass Lake Road. Please park at school and walk over.
- 4:45pm - Girls
- 5:15pm - Boys
- All athletes should plan to race unless they have spoken to a coach about a different plan.
- Wednesday - 3:05 to 4:15pm
- Athletes will be dismissed from practice by 4:15pm.
- Athletes should report to the finish line of the middle school meet by 4:35pm.
- Athletes will work the middle school meet from 4:50 to 6:15pm.
- Thursday - 3:05 to 5:00pm (meet by weight room)
- Friday - 3:05 to 4:29pm (meet by weight room)
- Saturday - Meet at Detweiller Park in Peoria
- Bus for Boys at 6:01am
- Bus for Girls at 6:28am
- Varsity Boys (Boys AA) at 11am
- Open Girls at 11:40am
- Open Boys at 12:20pm
- Varsity Girls (Girls AAA) at 1pm
- Lunch will be provided from Jimmy John's.
- We will do a quick stop on the way back, so athletes may bring money for snacks.
- T-shirts and great deals on running shoes/ spikes are available at the meet.
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)