Week 3Sunday, September 1 2019
WEEK 3 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Week 2 Recap: We had an awesome first meet last Wednesday at Fox River Park. The Boys won and the Girls were 3rd (just 8 points from 1st). RJ Migas won the Boys race bettering his time from 2017 by nearly 30 seconds! RJ is the first boy to win a race since Jeremy Wallace in 2016. Following RJ into the chute were Jack Engel (3), Nathan Rolla (4), Sean Humpa (9), Ben Schneiderheinze (14), and Tim Smith (15). The Boys easily outpaced #11 Antioch for the win. Alex Bryant led the way for the girls with a 6th place finish. Freshmen Maddie Perez (9) and Becca Runyan (11) ran in the top 15 all race long and came up big for the Eagles. Kirsta Gfesser (19) and Gretchen Good (21) rounded out the top 5. On both sides the Eagles were impressive on the finishing stretch. Fox River Park is known for it's downhill finish and our team used that to full advantage. It was an impressive showing as nearly every Lakes athlete competed all the way to the line, showing a lot of heart. Overall it was an awesome first race for the season. The Eagles take flight next at the Lake County Invite on Wednesday.
Week 3 Preview: We have our first of week with 2 races. On Wednesday we will travel to Waukegan Sports Park for the Lake County Invite. The top 10 athletes will run varsity with everyone else racing in the open. Our first Pasta Party will be on Friday, a big THANK YOU to the Engel Family for hosting. Saturday is a challenging course at Veteran Acres Park in Crystal Lake. All Junior or Senior athletes will race Varsity. Almost all Freshman or Sophomore athletes will be in the F/S races. Parents, please be aware that you must park at Prairie Ridge or Crystal Lake South High Schools and be shuttled over to the course. Plan ahead so that you don't miss any races. Athletes should bring a parent release form if they are leaving with their parent after the races have concluded.
Shout Out: A bunch of new Eagles completed their first ever race. Congrats to Julia, Maddie, Becca, Thea, Collin, Brandon, Akash, Will, and Krista!
A big THANK YOU to our families for stepping up to host Pasta Parties. We now have every Friday covered for the remainder of the regular season!!
Note: The season is now in full swing. We expect athletes to be attending practice daily. Athletes who are injured should be working with the coach and the trainer to get healthy. They are still expected to attend practice. Communication is key as we like to know where athletes are at excused or unexcused. Please see our attendance policy if you have any questions about excused/ unexcused absences.
* To view info for any meet, highlight the TEAM INFORMATION tab and click Schedule & Results. Info for each meet will be added as soon as we receive it.
- Fees for the season are due on Wednesday, September 4th. Please pay online using Infinite Campus or via cash/ check in our student services office.
- Program shirts have been handed out to all athletes. Money should be given to Coach West. The cost is $25 for a long and short sleeve. We will accept cash or check (payable to LCHS Cross Country). Please contact us if there are any issues. Thanks!
- To order your own RED SHORTS or other gear, please go to our TEAM STORE on the Dick Pond website. Orders are due by Saturday (8/31).
- We are still looking for specific items for our Pasta Parties. Please take a look to see if you can bring an item. We'd love to have a contribution from everyone. Thank you!
- Pasta Party hosted by the Engel family on Friday from 5:30-8pm.
- Engel Family Address: 814 Evan Lane, Lake Villa
Workouts: Click to here see our workouts for the week.
- Monday - 7:29 to 9:16am (meet by Athletic Entrance)
- Tuesday - 3:05 to 4:42pm (meet by weight room)
- Bring your goal tiles to smash if you broke them!
- Wednesday - Meet at Waukegan Sports Park
- Bus at 3:05pm
- Girls Varsity at 4:45pm
- Boys Varsity at 5:15pm
- Girls Open at 5:45pm
- Boys Open at 6:15pm
- Awards at 6:45pm
- Thursday - 3:05 to 5:00pm (meet by weight room)
- Friday - 3:05 to 4:29pm (meet by weight room)
- Saturday - Meet at Veteran Acres Park in Crystal Lake
- Bus at 6:28am
- Varsity Boys at 8:30am
- Varsity Girls at 9:15am
- F/S Boys at 10am
- F/S Girls at 10:30am
Daily Schedule (located under the CALENDAR tab)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Schedule & Results (located under the TEAM INFORMATION tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)