Week 9 AnnouncementsMonday, October 8 2018
Week 9 Announcements
We had a great time at our last NLCC dual on Tuesday. The Boys beat both Grant and Wauconda while the Girls split. We had many season and personal bests, which is exciting as we want to be running our best at this time of year. With so many season and personal bests at Wauconda, we are firing on all cylinders heading into the NLCC meet. Earning season bests were: Ethan Schommer, Ty Dwyer, Jay Patel, & Daniel Gfesser! Earning Personal Bests were: Gavin Murrie, Ethan Goode, Jacob Mueller, Ramon Perez, Ethan Carr, Evan Selby, Ian Halterman, Jackson Sayre, Jack Lindner, Gretchen Good, Kayla Dieringer, Sophia Goodale, Sarah Lucier, Danika Dortch, Lauren Orie, & Meghan Goossen. Awesome work by our athletes and very exciting heading into this week! The NLCC Championship meet is a major focus for our program, so it's exciting for us to be racing so well going into this meet. It's all coming together!!
- End of Season Banquet is on Monday, November 12th at 6:30pm. A flyer was sent home with each athlete and is available on our website. Please make payments as soon as you can. Money may be given to Coach West or a member of the Dwyer family. Please be sure to include your athlete in your total RSVP and payment. Thanks!
- Parent Breakfast/ Senior Recognition will be this Saturday, October 13th at 8:15pm. The meet is at LCHS. Senior parents should be at the LCHS tent by 8:40pm. We will honor our Seniors starting around 8:45pm.
- The last JV & F/S meet will be on Tuesday, October 16th. Athletes are still expected to practice after this date. Please check with a coach for individual plans.
- There will be a bus for athletes who are not racing to attend both Regionals and possibly for Sectionals. We expect athletes to attend these meets to support their teammates. Please plan to be there.
** Coach Shepherd and his wife Ellen became a family of 3 on Friday morning as they welcomed a beautiful baby boy! The family of 3 is back home and doing great. They are also very excited for Championship season! Special Shout Out to Mrs. Shepherd for being an MVP!!
- The Pasta Party will be hosted this week at the Balman residence (38422 N Columbia Bay Road, Lake Villa ) on Friday. There are still a few slots to fill. Please see Sign Up Genius for more details.
- We will host a Parent Breakfast beginning at 8:15am at the LCHS tent.
- We will recognize our Seniors during the Parent Breakfast. Senior Girls will be recognized at 8:45 and Senior Boys at 9am. Senior parents should be at the LCHS tent by 8:40pm.
- Please visit Sign Up Genius to bring food for a Pasta Party or Parent Breakfast.
- Monday - Varsity will practice from 7:27 to 9am at the LCHS Track. JV & F/S should get in a 25 to 30 min run on their own. All athletes are welcome to attend practice.
- Tuesday - Thursday we will practice from 3 to 5pm.
- Friday we will practice from 3 to 4:24pm.
- Click here for the workouts for the week.
- Saturday we race at Lakes for the NLCC Championship
- Course is behind Football Stadium on the Field Hockey Fields off of Grass Lake Road.
- Athletes are expected to arrive at team tent by 8:22am.
- Parents should park in the student or staff lot at LCHS and walk across the road. There is NO PARKING on Grass Lake Road.
- 10:00 am- Girls Varsity Race (7 entries)
- 10:30 am- Boys Varsity Race (7 entries)
- 11:00 am- Girls JV Race- (7 entries)
- 11:30 am- Boys JV Race- (7 entries)
- 12:00 pm- Co-ed Open Race (Unlimited entries)
Note: After the boys’ varsity race, each subsequent race will start ASAP after the finish of the last runner in the previous race.
- Course is almost exactly the same as last year except athletes will NOT finish in the stadium. Click link to view new course.
- Awards will follow the Open race.
- Dismissal between 1 and 1:30.
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)