Week 10 AnnouncementsSunday, October 14 2018
Week 10 Announcements
History was made Saturday as the Varsity and JV Boys captured their first ever NLCC titles! RJ Migas moved up from 15th last year to finish in the top 5. Along with Migas, Jack Erwin (6) and Owen Wenberg (7) gave the Eagles a strong presence in the top 10. Jack Engel (11) and Charlie Halberg (18) used strong finishes to secure the victory. All 5 scoring members earned All NLCC honors. Talon Knauf and Ethan Schommer "pushed" the scores of opposing teams in the 25 point romp of the NLCC. The JV Boys followed up an impressive showing by the varsity by putting on a Cross Country running clinic. Nathan Rolla challenged for the win all race before settling for runner up honors. Aidan Gillespie and Sean Humpa led a strong pack of Eagles. Starting in last place, Gillespie and Humpa paced the group as they moved up all race long. The result was a masterpiece in distance running with Gillespie (4), Humpa (5), Gavin Murrie (7), and Tim Smith (13) all finishing in the top 15. Jay Patel and Ty Dwyer combined with the group to put up a low tally of only 31 points. The 31 points were the lowest scored by any team in any division on the day and less than half of the point total for 2nd in the JV race.
Brooke Stromsland led the Girls Varsity to a tie for 2nd. Stromsland battled all day long in the top 3 and was narrowly edged by Round Lake's Giron in the last half mile. Olivia Schmitt (12) & Alex Bryant (16) also earned All NLCC honors on the day. Rae Dwyer and Simone Lippmann closed the scoring for the Eagles with Megan Knuettel winning the 2nd place tie breaker. In the Girls JV, Hannah Grant gave the team a low stick with her 5th place finish. Behind her a convocation of Eagles raced together for all 3 miles. Kayla Dieringer, Gretchen Good, Ashley Whitis, Sophia Goodale, and Sarah Lucier all earned top 15 finishes. In the Open, both Boys and Girls squads finished in 2nd. Tiaunna Dudley led the way for the Girls with a 10th place finish. Jacob Jarvis put together a monster kick to finish in 4th. Ethan Goode (6) and Adrian Kupiec (10) had personal best days en route to their top 10 finishes. Overall it was awesome day as many Eagles had their best races of the season.
Shout Out: We had several athletes run lifetime personal bests on Saturday. Congrats to Sarah Lucier, Ethan Goode, Adrian Kupiec, Drew Knuettel, Ethan Carr, Lawson Miller, and Jack Lindner on achieving a new best!
- PHOTOS!! Parents, we need your photos!! Please email Coach Shepherd (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any photos from the season. Coach Shepherd will give you the info on how to share your photos. We would really appreciate having them. Thanks!!!
- All Athletes will practice for the entire week.
- All Athletes should plan to attend the Regional meet on Saturday as a TEAM. Please wear your Lakes gear.
- Uniform turn in for Girls JV & FS will be on Thursday. Please wash your gear and make sure it is dry before you turn it in.
- Uniform turn in for Boys JV & FS will be on Friday. Please wash your gear and make sure it is dry before you turn it in.
- Note: Gear may only be turned in at practice. It is NOT acceptable to turn in gear to a Coach during the school day.
- End of Season Banquet is on Monday, November 12th at 6:30pm. A flyer was sent home with each athlete and is available on our website. Please make payments as soon as you can. Money may be given to Coach West or a member of the Dwyer family. Please be sure to include your athlete in your total RSVP and payment. Adults ($10), Athletes ($10), and Children ($6).
- A make up uniform turn in day will be on Monday, October 22nd. Bills for missing gear will be sent out in Tuesday for anyone who has not yet turned in their gear.
- End of Season Banquet is on Monday, November 12th at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria.
- Monday - Varsity will practice from 3 to 5pm, while JV & FS will be dimissed at 4:21pm.
- Tuesday - Varsity will practice from 3:30 to 5pm.
- Wednesday - Varsity will practice from 3 to 5pm, while JV & FS will be dismissed at 4:21pm.
- Thursday - Varsity will practice from 3 to 5pm, while JV & FS will be dismissed at 4:03pm.
- Friday we will practice from 3 to 4:22pm.
- Tuesday we race at Prospect HS in Mt. Prospect
- Bus is at 2:15pm. Athletes will miss 8th period.
- 4:45 pm Freshman/Sophomore Boys (2.5 miles)
- 5:10 pm Varsity Girls (3.0 mile race)
- 5:40 pm Varsity Boys (3.0 mile race)
- Saturday we race at Fox River Park in the IHSA Regional
- Bus is at 8am for Varsity runners.
- Bus is at 8:45am for JV & FS athletes who are not racing.
- 10:00 am- Girls Varsity Race (7 entries)
- 10:50 am- Boys Varsity Race (7 entries)
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)