Week 7 AnnouncementsSunday, September 23 2018
Week 7 Announcements
The Grant Invite gave us a great opportunity to compete locally against many teams that we will see in our Regional or Sectional. In addition, the course is very spectator friendly and they give out great awards. Conditions were amazing and our athletes took full advantage of the opportunity. Our F/S Boys team had a great day as they put 5 runners in the top 21 to win by over 40 points! Jack Engel led the way up front with a 2nd place finish. Nathan Rolla (4th) and Aidan Gillespie (7th) also had tremendous races to finish in the top 10. Ty Dwyer (20th) and Gavin Murrie (21st) rounded out the scoring for the squad. The F/S Girls also had a great day as the squad rolled to a 2nd place finish. Gretchen Good (9th) and Kayla Dieringer (10th) gave us a presence in the top 10. Sarah Lucier closed hard to take 12th with a new PR. Tiaunna Dudley (20th) and Danika Dortch (27th) closed the scoring for the eagles. We had a lot of success on the varsity level as well. Olivia Schmitt and Rae Dwyer both earned medals for the girls. Schmitt passed 6 girls in the last 400m to finish 8th and Dwyer put together her best race of the year to finish in 19th. Jack Erwin and RJ Migas led the varsity boys. Running together all race, both Eagles battled in the top 15 all day long. Erwin (10th) and Migas (11th) gave the team two low sticks to count on. We are back to our NLCC schedule with races on both Tuesday and Saturday. Please check the info below as we will have a split squad on Saturday.
** A big THANK YOU to all of our parents for their help with the parent breakfast. It was a great social event with a wonderful turn out. Thank you for attending and for donating. We look forward to the next Parent Breakfast on October 13th at LCHS (NLCC Championships). We will also recognize our Seniors at this breakfast.**
Shout Out: Bella Pomon and Maddie Mehnert for lacing up and racing this weekend. Both ladies have helped us on the managerial side of things, but it was great to see them out on the course competing and working hard. Proud of them for giving it their all.
- We have NO HOST for the Pasta Party this weekend, so there is no Pasta Party.
- If an athlete is injured, they are still expected to attend practice. We expect these athletes to meet with our trainer as part of their rehab process. Athletes that are unable to participate in practice or rehab will help the coaching staff. Please see our attendance policy (Team Info -> Team Docs) for more information on general attendance expectations.
- Unless it has been arranged with a Coach ahead of time, athletes should NOT be leaving meets early. We expect athletes to be at the meet to race and/or support their teammates. Athletes will be dismissed after the final race of the day.
- Since there is no host for this weekend, there will be NO Pasta Party. Only 2/3 of the team will be available as the other group will be in Peoria.
- Please visit Sign Up Genius to bring food for a Pasta Party or Parent Breakfast.
- Monday - Thursday we will practice from 3 to 5pm.
- Friday we will practice from 3 to 4:23pm.
- Click here for the workouts for the week.
- Tuesday we race at Fox River Park in Wilmot, WI.
- This meet will be a quadrangular with Antioch, North Chicago, and Carmel (non-NLCC member).
- Boys race at 4:45pm
- Girls race at 5:15pm
- Saturday Varsity Athletes will race at the Peoria Invite
- Top 7 athletes will attend
- Athletes will leave Friday afternoon with Coach West and Coach Jazo.
- Girls race at 9am
- Boys race at 9:45am
- Saturday JV and F/S Athletes will race at the Pat Harland Invite in Wilmot, WI
- Athletes not racing at Peoria will attend.
- Bus is at 7:27am.
- Fox River Park in Wilmot, WI. Location is the same as Tuesday.
- First race is JV Girls at 9am.
- Coach Shepherd and Coach Schroeder will attend.
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)
Race Splits (located under the TRAINING LOG tab)