Week 6 AnnouncementsSunday, September 16 2018
Week 6 Announcements
We had a wild and crazy Homecoming week! From decorating the hallway to the parade to our home meet vs Round Lake to the Boys vs Girls Friday spirit battle to the Minooka Flight Invite, there was a lot going. We managed to enjoy all of it and come through with some of best training and racing all year! On Tuesday both teams came up short to Round Lake. That being said, we had numerous Season Bests on both sides. This was extremely encouraging especially coming back from racing on a fast course the weekend before in Peoria. On Saturday we traveled to Minooka for the annual Flight Invite. This meet is a wonderful celebration of Cross Country. A rigorous training week, high temps, and great competition made for a challenging day. We still had runners shine through adversity. For the Championship flights, Jack Erwin led the Boys with a near personal best effort. RJ Migas also came through with a big finish as he passed multiple runners for important points. For the F/S races, Nathan Rolla and Gavin Murrie had outstanding races that just missed personal bests. In the open Tim Smith and Jacob Jarvis finished strong in the last mile to cap off a nice race. The Boys were challenged to finish fast and over 2/3 of the runners finished with their 3rd mile as the fastest! Brooke Stromsland once again led the way for the girls. The sophomore hung tough with some of the top ladies in the state, staying in the top 3 until 800 to go. Batavia's Schlenker made a move with 800 to go that only Brooke was able to stay close to. Brooke took a well earned 2nd to the currently ranked second fastest girl in the state! Rae Dwyer and Simone Lippmann both hung tough to finish in the top 10 of their flights. In the F/S race, Kayla Dieringer and Gretchen Good both had great races and continue to show tremendous growth. Overall we had a busy and exciting week. We look forward to competing at the Grant Invite on Saturday.
** We want to extend a big THANK YOU to Jason and Jen Wenberg for truck/trailer/decorations and Homecoming Parade set up. We appreciate all of the effort and hard work that went in to getting this ready.**
THANK YOU: I want to thank athletes and parents for their generosity. My wife and I are extremely touched at the wonderful gifts and personal messages. We feel very lucky to be part of an amazing Cross Country Family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. - Coach Shepherd
- Dick Pond orders have arrived. Orders will be distributed to students on Monday after practice.
- We have an open slot to host a Pasta Party next weekend (Friday the 28th). There will be about 2/3 of our usual crowd as runners participating in the Peoria Invite will be out of town.
- If an athlete is injured, they are still expected to attend practice. We expect these athletes to meet with our trainer as part of their rehab process. Athletes that are unable to participate in practice or rehab will help the coaching staff. Please see our attendance policy (Team Info -> Team Docs) for more information on general attendance expectations.
- The Pasta Party will be hosted this week at the Erwin/ Pipia residence (2865 Trail Crest Lane in Lindenhurst) on Friday.
- We have Parent Breakfast at the Grant Invite from about 8am to 12pm. Please come out and get to know the LCHS XC Family!
- Please visit Sign Up Genius to bring food for a Pasta Party or Parent Breakfast.
- Monday - Thursday we will practice from 3 to 5pm.
- Friday we will practice from 3 to 4:23pm.
- Temperatures are expected to be high several days this week. We will modify our workouts to accommodate for the heat.
- Saturday we race at the Grant Invite in Ingleside
- Bus is at 7:01am
- No Parking at the course (please park at Big Hollow)
- Parent Breakfast from 8am to 12pm
Previous NEWS Articles (located under the MEDIA tab)
Photos (located under the MEDIA tab)
Course Maps (located under the CROSS COUNTRY tab)