Week 11 AnnouncementsSunday, October 22 2017
Week 11 Announcements
This week marked the last week of the season that the entire team will be training. Everyone not racing on Saturday competed at the JV Prospect Invite and the mile time trial. The last two opportunities to run fast times were very productive. The Girls JV team took 2nd at Prospect with 6 individual medalists. Ashley Whitis led the team with a top 10 finish. Danika Dortch, Breanna Lippmann, Natalie Maguire, Kayla Deringer, and Michelle Menconi also took home awards with top 30 finishes. The Boys also had solid races with Tim Smith and Sean Humpa earning awards. The mile trial on Thursday was a major success. Over 60% of the Boys and Girls racing set new Personal bests!
The post season began this week with the IHSA Regional Championships at Fox River Park. Both the Boys and Girls teams advanced to the Sectional Championships next week in Kaneland. The Girls finished second as the knocked off #24 Carmel and lost only to #3 Vernon Hills. Brooke Stromsland led the way with a 2nd place, All Region finish. Alex Bryant was next in the chute, followed by Simone Lippmann, Megan Knuettel, and Morgan Gillespie. Rounding out the varsity team were Hannah Grant and Tegan Baker. The Boys used top 10 finishes from Owen Wenberg and Ethan Schommer to take 3rd overall by 16 points. RJ Migas, Charlie Halberg, and Jack Erwin followed Wenberg and Schommer down the hill. Talon Knauf and Tim Smith completed the varsity team on what turned out to be a great day for racing. Competition will be at an all time high next weekend and the Eagles will be ready to challenge for one of the five State qualifying spots.
* Awards Banquet is Monday, November 13th. Please turn in banquet money ASAP. Information for the banquet can be found here.
* We want your pictures! Please contact Coach Shepherd (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any pictures this season and especially from the NLCC meet. We would love to share them. Thanks!
* Click here for the week 11 schedule
* Sign up for the Nike Cross Regional meet is now open. Any runner interested in participating in the post season race should sign up. This NOT an official Lakes XC race, just a fun opportunity for anyone to partake in after the season.
* Uniform turn in for JV runners was on Thursday. Any missing items need to be turned in ASAP. Bills for missing uniforms and warm ups will go out next week. Please help us collect our gear so that we can use it for the future.
Runner of the Week
Boys - Aidan Gillespie (Week 3), Liam Faustino (Week 4), Charlie Halberg (Week 5), Drew Knuettel (Week 5), Owen Wenberg (Week 6), Jay Seiflow (Week 6), Daniel Gfesser (Week 7), Jay Patel (Week 7), Adrian Kupiec (Week 8), Rudra Patel (Week 8), Jimmy Mroczka (Week 9), Matthew Stockhorst (Week 9), Jack Engel (Week 10), Sean Humpa (Week 10)
Girls - Jocelyn Rodriguez (Week 3), Brooke Stromsland (Week 4), Morgan Gillespie (Week 5), Tegan Baker (Week 5), Jules Parreno (Week 6), Michelle Menconi (Week 7), Hannah Grant (Week 8), Alex Bryant (Week 9), Skyler Randolph (Week 9), Breanna Lippmann (Week 10)
Saturday (10/21): Sectionals (Top 7 Varsity Athletes compete)
- Minibus for Varsity athletes is 7am