Week 0Friday, August 9 2019
The 2019 Cross Country season is ALMOST upon us! The first day of practice is on Monday, August 12th. All athletes are expected to attend. Also, athletes should be registered on the athletic website AND have a current athletic physical on file. Athletes that do not have an item completed will NOT be allowed to participate.
Monday evening we will have our annual State of Lakes address by Mr. Rowells in the gym at 7pm. All athletes & parents are asked to attend. Following the address, we will have our Cross Country parent night in room 119/120 (blue hallway). We hope that you can make it, but will post important information online for those who cannot attend. Our practice AND race schedule for the 2019 season are available under the calendar tab of the Lakes Running website.
Monday (8/12) - 3 to 5pm (LCHS weight room)
- State of Lakes - 7pm (Main Gym)
- XC Parent Meeting - 7:45 (c119/120 in the blue hallway)
Tuesday (8/13) - 3 to 5pm (LCHS weight room)
Wednesday (8/14)- 3 to 5pm (LCHS weight room)
Thursday (8/15) - 3 to 5pm (LCHS weight room)
Friday (8/16)- 3 to 5pm (LCHS weight room)
Saturday (8/17) - 8:30 to 11:30am (Independence Grove in Libertyville)
- This practice is OPTIONAL, but highly encouraged. There will be a team hangout following our workout.
- We will meet at Independence Grove at 8:30am in the parking lot by the South Bay.
- We will complete a Long Run and then hang out at the beach until 11:30m.
- Athletes may drive themselves OR ride with a coach in a minibus. The minibuses will be parked by the athletic entrance and leave LCHS at 8 00am.